.
.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Today's laziness

Today was a dreary day. It's been raining all day long, and I think the sun went on strike for the day. I like the rain though, so I didn't mind it at all. :)

This morning I had an appointment with my midwife at 11:30. Jeff drug me out of bed around 10:00ish, which was much to early for me. I've been dragging all day long. Ugggh. I know its my fault--I didn't finally crawl into bed last night until around 2. Which looking back on my decision, I now realize, that was very stupid of me.

My appointment went well--I've only gained a pound since my last appointment (2 weeks ago) which was encouraging to hear. I feel like a fat whale, and am beyond jealous that my mom has gained 5 pounds less than me so far. :-( It's looking like Jeff and I will be buying them Chevy's in a few months... Unless my evil prayers come through and she blows up like a balloon, like I am.

Anyways, back to my appointment... my pee strip looks great. I'm measuring just fine. Baby's heart rate was at 145 today. (Last appointment it was at 120). And the baby's head is still down. (Yay!)

After my appointment, Jeff took me to "Little Ones," a cute boutique store out by my doctor's office. We walked around "oohing" and "awwing" over all the super adorable stuff before we finally headed back home.

We were both exhausted, as Jeff was only running on 4 hours of sleep, an me-- not many more than that. We hit an insane strip of traffic on our way home, which added about 20 minutes to our normally short drive home. While sitting in traffic, we decided to make a pot of mashed potatoes once we got home, eat lunch and then curl up in the game room to watch a chic flick and relax. Which is exactly what we did.

Once our bellies were full of warm mashed potatoes, we turned Netflix on and watched the first two episodes of "North and South." It was a lot of fun, just being lazy, sitting in the game room, watching a movie and listening to it rain outside. We both ended up falling asleep for about an hour, which was very nice. Much needed rest...

When we woke up, it was time for Jeff to get ready for work. He readied himself for work and then dropped me off at my parents.

I was only over at their house for a few hours tonight, as I felt bad for Maycie being locked in her kennel out in the cold, and I was still (and am still!) verrry verrrry tired. I did my mom's online cloth diaper registry for her. (Hehe, she asked me to!) I played with my dad's dog, Nemo. Colored with Shylie. And then finally ate breakfast for dinner. (Waffles, eggs, turkey bacon and potatoes.) Then Shelbie brought me home.

And now, here I am. Blogging about my very uneventful and lazy day. The rest of my evening is going to look like this: finish up blogging...take a hot bath...eat a snack...and then curl up on the futon to finish "North and South," where I will probably just end up falling asleep for the night and will wait for Jeff to move me to bed in the morning. Ahhh, relaxation and sleep sounds sooo nice right now!

I hope tomorrow it's rainy and dreary like it was today. It'd be fun to have another day of laziness. Well, after the laundry finally gets folded first, of course. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment