.
.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Today in a nutshell

Today we had a semi-lazy day. We set our alarm for 10:00am, but of course, slept through it and didn't get up til 1:00. I've been incredibly sore today and very sluggish. Pretty much all I've been able to physically do is...walk to a chair and sit down.

We spent the day listening to Sarah Brightman and some random "feel-good" country songs. Jeff worked on our kitchen cupboards, finishing up putting on our door knobs.



Our kitchen is now finished. (Well, other than the back splashes, but in terms of painting: it's finished!) The red knobs complete our yellow doors/green cupboard country look we've been striving for. We're both very happy with how it all looks.

Now that it's finished, it's time to start repainting the kitchen. I'm thinking turquoise cupboards and red accents... ;-) Jeff is just thrilled with the idea of repainting the kitchen. (Not! hehehe!)

(Might I add...as I'm typing this, he is reading over my shoulders. He says, "I didn't know we were going to repaint the kitchen." (I giggle) He adds, "Is this the way you are breaking this news to me?") I guess we'd better paint our bedroom and finish the game room before we start on the kitchen again.

While Jeff did the door knobs, I sat at the kitchen table sewing breast pads. Those are fun to make. I have no idea if they're even going to absorb correctly and work, but whether they do or not...they're easy and fun to make!




I made several pairs today. I'm hoping to finish off my stack of pre-cut circles tomorrow and move onto making baby bibs and burp cloths.



Aren't they colorful?? Much better than the ugly pain white scratchy disposable ones.


After the door knobs were done, we headed to my parents. I went upstairs and laid on my parents bed for a long time hanging out with my mom while she cleaned. After her room was cleaned we went downstairs and ate dinner. Later on, I helped bathe Shylie girl and talked cloth diapers with my mom. (Shylie has been our guinea pig and so far, we both love cloth! No leaks so far, super cute and chemical free! Even Shylie likes them!)

Later this evening we called the little girlies up to listen to Mama's baby's "heartbeep." Using a fetal scope we tracked down her little baby's heartbeat and let each of the little girls take a turn listening to it. It's so funny, they kept saying, "Mama's baby's heartbeep is thundering!" Their smiles were adorable, I'm guessing they thought the experience was pretty darn cool. :-) (On a side note, Shylie is so cute to watch! Every few minutes she'd rub Mama's belly (with a lot of force!) and talk about "Mama's baby in her belly." I think it's so neat that even at the young age of 2, she knows that there is a baby in Mama's belly and she already loves it and can't wait to hold it and meet it.) We tried counting the little Ney baby's "heartbeep," but alas, we are untrained, so I'm not sure if we are entirely correct. We counted 160. So if we're correct, the old wives' tales would have it be a girl.

Jeff and I hung out at their house for a few hours. Jeff and my dad played the Wii and then watched "Shark week," while my mom and I looked for a surger pedal replacement and placed bids on more cloth diapers.

We are home now and I am getting ready to crawl into a hot bath and relax. We have church tomorrow and I'm hoping we get up on time. It's not looking so hot right now. :-(

I'm off to soak in a tub of hot water and indulge in another girl scout thin mint cookie...Mmmm!!


P.S. we never made it to the park today to play with Maycie :-( Maybe tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment