.
.

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine's day

I'm so sad. Today was Valentine's day. It really snuck up on me rather sneakily and quietly. I didn't realize until yesterday that Valentine's day was...today. Thus, my goals of decorating my house did not become a reality. :'-(

Note to self for next year: Start Valentine's decorating at the end of January.

Jeff had to work tonight, so we didn't really get to celebrate today. We only had a few hours together this afternoon, and didn't want to go out to lunch for our Valentine's meal. We decided to celebrate on Friday or Saturday by going out for a nice dinner--something we've never done. We're cheapos, we like Taco Bell and Burger King. But for our Valentine's dinner we decided to go someplace nicer, like Chili's or Applebee's. It'll be fun going out on a "real date." Can you believe we've never gone on a real date like that before?

We're *trying* to save up money to go out of town next month--one last "just us, just because" overnight get away before we have a little one, so we had already decided not to buy for each other today. We decided a few months ago, that if we can figure out how to afford to get away for a few days next month, we'll just count it as part of our Valentine's celebration. But just in case we can't swing it, we'll still be going out to dinner sometime this weekend.

Even though we have dinner plans and possible "get out of town" plans, we did want to do something small today. We got up and decided to go to In & Out burger for lunch and stroll through a cute baby boutique. I was super excited about going to the baby boutique, I was really looking forward to it.

We got ready and headed out. First we went to eat. That was a rather irritating and miserable experience. We decided to eat inside, so we could actually sit and talk. But this incredibly rude couple sitting next to us, insisted on playing each and every ring tone (song ring tone) on their phones over and over and over. We couldn't hear each other and we were very distracted. :-(

After lunch, we excitedly headed over to the boutique. Guess what? It was closed "for valentine's day." Whaat??? I was very sad and disappointed. Oh well, Jeff promised he'd bring me later on this week.

So, we headed home and Jeff got ready for work. On his way to work he dropped me off at my parents.

For the past several years, a Valentine's tradition in the Ney house has been for Daddy to cook the family a nice meal. I'm bummed to have not spent the evening with Jeff, but it was nice to spend it with my family.

We enjoyed Daddy's yummy cooking and then Shaylah served her delicious homemade Ice Cream cake...yummmmy!

After dinner and dessert, the kiddos headed to bed and I went home.

Now I am home, blogging about my day. But alas, it is late and I have yet to do my devotions or workout. So I am off...to read my bible to my baby (my new years resolution...I'm doing pretty good at keeping it!) and to do my workouts so that my Bradley teacher doesn't get mad at me. ;-)

TA TA for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment