.
.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Reasons behind weight loss motivation

I did my TTAPing at my parent's house tonight. The family was watching a movie in the living room, and I didn't want to TTAP in the playroom where any of my not-so-funny sisters could see and sneakily video tape me...as has happened before...so I snuck off to the bedroom and did it without the video. Again, I only could go for about 7 minutes. But that is 7 minutes more than I've been doing!

I'm on a roll! 3 days in a row now...woot woot!

In no time at all (or so I hope...) I'm gonna have a smoking hot body! Of course, I'm totally kidding here...my only goal is to lose some weight and get back down to what I use to be! I want to feel healthy and look healthy once again.

I was telling my mom the other day, I've been so exhausted for months and months now. I can go to bed right now (midnight) and easily sleep til 2pm and wake up still tired. My iron levels are fine, my blood sugar is fine, the only thing that has changed for me lately? My weight. Since Jeff and I met, I've gained a whoppin 60 pounds! (20 of that is pregnancy weight, by the way...) But still! Take away a pregnancy, 40 pounds in two years?! Yeeks! I really think that I'm so tired from my added weight. My body wasn't used to it even before I got pregnant, and now, as it's just packing on the pounds like no other, it's really not used to it. I'm tired of feeling sluggish and fat.

I can't wait to start nursing. Apparently with nursing you lose crazy calories. I plan on coupling nursing with TTAPing and hopefully I lose my pregnancy weight super fast, but also take a good dent at my AJ (after Jeff) weight also. ;-) My goal in losing weight isn't just to look good--though that is a wonderful perk, but mainly for health. I don't like how I feel physically lately.

As I blogged a few days ago, I made a new promise to TTAP or work out daily, but a new promise that I made a few days ago is: I'm cutting out sugars Monday-Thursday (and probably Sunday also...) I'll indulge Fridays and Saturdays, but will have self control the other days. This is hard! I honestly think I've trained my body to *need* sugar. I've been starving all day long, yet have been eating like a cow (healthy foods...lots of raw foods). I think the reason I'm so hungry is because I haven't had my dose of sugar yet. My body is addicted to sugar, which I never knew was possible. So I'm glad I made that promise for myself.

**A note on the sugar promise: I'm not going totally phycho on the sugar thing. I'm not stopping drinking juice and eating fruits or anything. I'm mainly cutting out the obvious sugars, such as: ice cream, cookies, candies, ect. I'm still eating all natural sugars (fruits, juices, ect) and not reading the back of pasta packages and panicking when it includes sugar in the ingredient list. I still put a spoon of sugar in the rice this morning, and as I'm typing this, I have a loaf of carrot bread in the oven that I know has sugar in it. I'm basically just cutting back and not having any deserts or sweets Monday-Thursdays (and Sundays). On Friday and Saturday, I will have my much needed ice cream fix, but I'm going to be more moderate and watchful of how much I have of it. As it is now, I eat a lot of sugar. So I'm pretty confident that cutting back on my obvious sugar intake is going to make a difference.**

My weight loss goal is to be down to 130 by my best friend's wedding. I'm one of her bridesmaids, and I don't want to ruin all of her pictures by looking like a large cow. ;-)

I've said so many times over the past year and a half that I was going to get motivated and lose weight, yet after a few days my motivation puckers out and I go back to my normal lazy living. This is the main reason behind why I'm going to be daily posting pictures of a dress when I work out. I'm hoping that everyday after working out, me having to get online and find a picture of a dress I'd love to wear, is going to keep my mind focused and my will motivated. The reason why I think this will work, is because I'm one of those people, who when I gain weight I plan on losing, I will NOT buy a new article of clothing other than the bare necessities. (Such as underwear! lol) But on the other hand, when I look at pictures of dresses and skirts that are gorgeous and I'd love to wear, I get excited and want to go on a shopping spree or a sewing binge and make/buy a bunch of new and pretty clothes. Daily looking at these pictures will keep me excited and wanting to go out and buy a new dress or make a pretty skirt...which like I said, I won't do til I lose weight. ;-) So it'll keep me motivated to lose the weight so that I can go and buy me a new dress. I know, I know...I'm an odd one.

I might even print a few pictures of lovely things to pin on my bedroom walls so that I can constantly be reminded of my goals.

(Maybe I should take a picture of myself in a bridesmaids dress and pin it on my wall...that's good motivation for me!) ;-)

Basically anything that I think will keep my mind focused (It's easy to lose focus on a goal when a bowl of ice cream is set before me...) is something I'm willing to try. Even if that means buying something super pretty and pinning it to my bedroom wall! I'll do it ;-)

Now, for my pretty of the day:
And yes, I would wear this. Including the awesome frilly thing underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment