.
.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Fun in the sun, er...snow

It was soooo cold today! Even us lodge bunnies were cold!!!

Though the trip started out on the wrong foot--we had our first case of the barfies before we even reached Sonora--a fun time was had by all.

Our trip began this morning at 6:30 when my family showed up to pick me up. Much to my delight, they were all a bit more sleepy looking than they were for our last trip. All went well (regarding the drive) until the city before Sonora, where Shylie kicked off the barfies by puking everywhere. I am so sick of being on barf duty when I go on trips with my family. I'm starting to wonder if that's the only reason they invite me to go along...?

Of course, after Shylie stinks the car up with her curdled milk (why would anyone give a child who gets carsick a cup of milk anyways? Its a mean joke...on me! I get stuck cleaning it!) everyone else starts feeling green. We quickly passed around the peppermint oil (even I had to partake, as I was feeling green smelling the air...) Lolly hugged the garbage can for a while and Shannen leaned out the window gasping like a dog. But after I turned the AC on, the green feeling went away and the rest of the ride was pleasant. Freezing cold, but no more barfies = pleasant.

We got there at 8:30 and promptly ran to find some tables. It was much more crowded today than last time.

First everyone ate breakfast--cereal and delicious coffee cake muffins. (Soooo yummy.) Then my mom braided all the girlies' hair. All the skiers and snowboarders soon disappeared outside, leaving Mama and I in with the littles.

I brought my sewing machine this time--a lifesaver! And sewed all afternoon. I made 18 burp cloths, so I feel pretty accomplished today!

Mama spent the afternoon chasing Shylie girl (who was just terrible today) around. And finally, much to her relief, Shylie fell asleep. We both agreed that for our next ski trip, coming up in March, we are leaving the little girls home. We'll both bring our sewing machines and have a nice relaxing, barf free day.

On our list of "to-brings" for our next trip is: a space heater. A crock pot full of delicious soup or chili. An air up mattress (for a nice nap!). Hot chocolate. And if for some reason we have to bring the little girls...Maycie's big dog run.

Some of my favorite quotes from the day came from Shannen.

Quote number one:

Me: Daddy, how can you tell if the road is ice or dirt? (Regarding some dark patches in the road)

Shannen: Well, that's easy. Speed up really fast and then slam on your breaks. If you skid, it's ice. If you don't, it's probably just dirt."

Quote number two:

(He will kill me if he ever finds out I posted this comment, but it made me laugh so hard, it's worth it...)

Shannen: "I haven't pooped yet today and I have a headache. (From not pooping) When I get home, I'm gonna sit on the toilet til my guts fall out." We barely pulled into the driveway before he was out and running for the bathroom door. Poor little guy, hopefully he had success. (Ick!)

Such a disgusting little creature, he is.

The ride home was worse than the ride there. While at the ski resort, my mom kept insisting that "people don't get carsick on rides home." Hogwash. I think we drained her little bottle of peppermint oil trying to prevent any puking. We had to make several stops on the way home, just to let everyone get some fresh air. Next trip: bring along some peppermint candies. Peppermint does seem to help a bit.

We got home at 7:15. We ate sandwiches for dinner, and as soon as we were done eating, we started preparing the kiddos for bed. I think they were all in bed AND ASLEEP(!!!!) by 7:45. (Oh ya!) They were tired after their long day! I was going to hang out at my parent's house for a while, but I could barely keep my eyes opened. I was dozing off on the couch.

So now, I'm home. I'm finishing up this blog post, gonna go ttap (hopefully! If I'm not too tired!!) and then take a nice hot bath and head to bed! Woot Woot!!!!

I'm looking forward to the next trip, knowing there won't be any barfies on the ride up and no little ones to chase around all day. Instead it'll be me. My mom. Our sewing machines. Our cup of hotchocolate. Our air up mattress. And a crockpot full of yumminess. Yep, I can't wait til that trip!

Snapshots from our day:

Daddy looking super cool in his new "Captain America" helmet

The little girlies watching "Looney Tunes"

Braiding Lolly's hair

Eating breakfast

(Check out her Cindy Lou Who do)

Breakfast--yummm!

Burp cloths!

No comments:

Post a Comment