.
.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Back ache relief for prego women

I've been having back aches really bad lately--which I hear is just part of the whole pregnancy package. (I don't believe that...I'm going to be in better shape for my next pregnancy and prove them all wrong! But, for now, it is part of my pregnancy package.)

Last night, when I went to bed my back was really hurting. And then, my husband offered up some advice that was so brilliant, I decided to blog it. "Hey Honey, why don't you try a hot water bottle?"

Duh. Why have I not thought of that yet?!

I promptly jumped out of bed (well, rolled out of bed...with lots of help!) and put a kettle of water on the stove to boil. As soon as it was boiled, I filled my little water bag and headed back to bed, where I stuffed the hot bag under my back.

Immediate relief. Aaaaahhh....

I slept like a baby last night and woke up *gasp* without a backache!

As I write this, my kettle of water is on the stove. I will not be going to bed without my hot water bottle again until after the baby is born and these backaches go away.

A loud shout-out of thanks to my awesome hubby: Thank-you for suggesting such a great idea!!!

Note to all pregnant women -- or just women with backaches -- try a hot water bottle!!! Trust me, you'll be amazed at the relief it gives!

No comments:

Post a Comment