.
.

Friday, February 11, 2011

about 10 weeks to go...

I can't believe I'm just a few days away from hitting the 30 week mark! I'll be down to about 10 weeks on Tuesday! How incredibly crazy! I think back to our wedding planning days. At 3 months til our big day, we thought it would never come. How wrong we were! It came quicker than a flash and yet another flash has gone by and here we are today...10 weeks away from parenthood.

Sometimes I think I'm not ready yet. I'm content to keep the baby inside me for a little while longer. I haven't grown tired of feeling it move in me yet. I haven't grown tired of it's hiccups or it's many powerful punches. I like being pregnant.

I also think of the many projects we have to accomplish before our little lovebaby arrives. I know how I want the house to look before it is born and I want everything to be just perfect. And truthfully, we are very lazy and are not busting our buns like we should be doing to get everything ready.

I've had a couple people ask me if I'm "so excited and ready for him/her to arrive." Well, yes, obviously I am. But as of now in the game, I'm not like some women who are just "done being pregnant." I've actually enjoyed this journey and as of now, I look forward to being pregnant again in the future.

With that said, however, in the past few days, as 30 weeks has drawn closer, I'm finding myself getting more and more excited. Part of me wants to keep our little baby safe and warm inside me forever, but the other part of me wants it NOW! I can't wait to be a mommy and can't wait to meet our baby.

In the past few days, when it moves inside me, I get an unexplained giddiness that tickles my whole body. And at those moments, I think, "I can't wait! 10 weeks can't come soon enough!" Then, I remember..."We are so not ready. Look at this house!"

10 weeks is such a short time away. It'll be here before we blink. What a crazy and exciting, yet scary thought! I think we need to really get moving on our projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment