.
.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today:

Today we had our 3rd and final ski trip of the season. Not all of the Ney's came. Only my parents, us big girls, Shayden and Shadd. The little girlies stayed home, for of course, obvious reasons that I've blogged about in the past. ;-) And Shannen stayed home with them for several reasons--mainly he didn't want to go boarding and have the cold air cause him to relapse into sickness again. Poor guy.

Out of all 3 ski trips, today was by far the longest. most boring. most tedious. day we've had. I think for my mom and I, we were just burnt out on sitting in a lodge. I brought my sewing machine again, and dutifully sewed away at baby wipes, but that got boring very quickly. We didn't bring enough snacks, we are still not feeling 100% and well...we are just tired of sitting in the lodge. My dad sat with us today, since he's still battling his ickies as well, and he was going nuts with boredom. We didn't plan very well, we should have brought more food, movies and playing cards or something.

We found a super cool little room downstairs that we are looking forward to occupying next year. It's big, empty and secluded. So it'll be nice to be able to let the kiddos run and scream without bugging anyone. Plus, there is a door that leads right outside to a lot of snow, so the girlies will be able to go outside on their own and burn off some steam. It'll be really nice, we're hoping we don't forget this by next year. ;-)

I sewed baby wipes all day long. I'm almost finished with them, I just have to edge like 10 of them. I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures of them. They're super cute and as I've been making them, I'm feeling sad and sorry to know that they're going to be used on a baby's poopy butt. I have a feeling I'm going to end up sewing them into a big quilt or something and just using disposable wipes. (hahaha) They're too cute and pretty to be rubbed on a poopy butt.

We got home at about 7:00 and ate our traditional "ski night sandwiches." After dinner, I sat on my parents couch and kept nearly dozing off. I'm exhausted, which is very disappointing since it's only 7:45 right now. :( I've turned into such an old lady...

Daddy brought me home, where I was greeted by a sparkling clean counter (when I left, the counter was covered in crap and dirty dishes! We haven't done dishes since we got hit with the flu!!) My sweet hubby blessed me and surprised me by doing them all for me today. I'm beyond thrilled about that, as now I don't have to stay up tonight doing them. :) Big hugs for Jeff tomorrow!

I think I'm going to take the rest of the evening to pamper my tired body. I'm going to take a hot bath, do a salt scrub and maybe a facial and then...head to bed! Woot Woot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment