.
.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

Do you remember my post the other day about who's stomach is bigger? My mom's or mine?

Apparently mine is.

Yesterday Poppet was off deeply engrossed in her coloring. After a few minutes, she came over with two pieces of paper. She proudly handed Mama one piece and me the other piece.

I looked at her drawing, and wasn't exactly sure what it was. So she explained: "This is you. You have a baby boy and a baby girl in your tummy." Apparently, this is how I look through the eyes of my 5-year-old sister. :-(

I look like a giant tick. And I guess I look so large to her, that I must be pregnant with twins. :-( I looked at my mom's picture and was terribly offended to see that she was much tinier than I was. I asked Poppet why my person had a bigger belly than Mama's. She responded sweetly, "Because your belly is bigger than Mama's." Niiiccceee. I think she could tell that I was slightly offended, because a few minutes later she came back with another drawing:

I felt a little bit better after seeing this one, but can't help but feel it was charity...

*Sigh* Out of the mouths of babes....

No comments:

Post a Comment