.
.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

IBC soda bottle project

Lately I've been trying to come up with decorating ideas for the top of my piano. I've been reading online and looking at some decorationally talented women's blogs for ideas. I've found several really cute ideas (pictures and post to come soon...) but one idea from Aura Joon that I really liked used IBC soda bottles as flower vases. I decided to try that idea and see how it turned out.



We went to the store tonight and bought a 6 pack of IBC root beer.

We made Root Beer floats out of one tonight. It was yummy. :)

IBC Root Beer sodas bring back a lot of sweet memories for me. When Jeff and I were on our honeymoon, we were major sugar addicts and drank more of these sodas than I can even count. Seriously...we came home with a suitcase FULL of these bottles, not to mention the dozen we found in our back seat and the dozen we threw away while on our honeymoon. I look back now and wonder, "Did we even take a sip of water the whole week we were away?"

Scene from our honeymoon:

Me proudly showing off my new Disney bottle stopper,

that we bought specifically for our IBC sodas.

Yes, we had...and still have...issues. ;-)

I'll be sure to post pictures of my final project once it's finished. Hopefully it turns out to be as cute as I'm envisioning in my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment