.
.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Preparing for baby" couch

This is my "Preparing for baby" couch. I have decided, instead of putting away all that I need to have collected before our little one arrives--and then forgetting where I put it all--I will just collect everything in nice neat piles on this couch. After I have gathered everything that I need (mainly only diapers, bibs and burp clothes...the rest I have registered for) I will wash it all up and put it away in the same spot.

For now though, I'm loving having it all out and looking at it throughout my day. Every time I walk down my hall and into my living room, I see my small baby pile growing and it makes me smile. :) I get little bubbles of happiness inside as I'm constantly being reminded that in 8 short weeks, we'll be using these diapers and burp cloths on our little one!


The only things that we are collecting now and not waiting for the baby registries is bibs, burp cloths and diapers. The reason being is I don't like the fabric textures of store bought bibs and burp cloths, so I decided to make my own. :) I'm trying to make several in girl colors, several in boy colors and several in neutral colors. That way we're prepared for either. ;-) And as far as diapers go, I made an online registry for them, but I'm not sure if anybody will actually shop from it. So instead of risking that happening and having the baby be born before my diapers arrive...I figured it was better if I just went ahead and started buying them myself! It's been so fun opening up packages and seeing all these adorable little diapers!!! It's crazy to think they'll be getting used in 8 weeks!!!! (Give or take of course!)

Jeff laughed at me earlier, when he caught me color coordinating my stacks of diapers. I didn't think anything of it, but now I'm thinking it was a little bit OCD of me...





No comments:

Post a Comment