.
.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bradley class #9

Tonight we had Bradley class. We've missed the past 2 weeks due to our cold, so it was nice to get to go tonight! It's pathetic when I realize that we've missed so far 3 out of 10 classes. :-( We have two classes left, but we're only going to attend next week's class, since the last class is more of a hangout-refresher class. Debbra said, "For our last class everyone is going to bring a snack and we'll eat and go over all of our relaxation techniques." I was excited, until she ruined it by saying, "When I say "bring snacks" I mean bring something healthy." PSH!!! Mama and I are going to play hookie that night. We don't need a refresher on the relaxation stuff, so instead we're going to stay home, teach our guys what they've been missing out on and eat cupcakes. Yea, that's right...CUPCAKES. mmmm!!! No more orange slices and veggies for me!!! ;-)

Tonight we learned that everyone needs 2 (I need 3) birth plans. For me, my birth plans would be: a home birth plan, a hospital birth plan and a C-section birth plan. I don't think I'm going to make any. For my home birth, Dawn and Jeff both fully know what I do and don't want, so I don't see a need to write everything down. For a hospital birth...well honestly, I'm scared to bring in a birth plan!!! Everything my aunt (a labor and delivery nurse says) screams: "Don't bring in a birth plan!!" Pretty much, if I end up in the hospital there's no need for me to have a birth plan, everyone will just know: don't touch me. don't touch my baby. no you're not doing that (doesn't matter what it is!!) and finally: STAY OUT OF MY ROOM. My message will be coming through loud and clear--without a birth plan! As for a c-section birth plan (which is for the situation of an emergency c-section) this is a bit sad, but if I end up with a c-section, I don't see a point in having a birth plan. They aren't going to respect my wishes if I'm knocked out anyways, so there is no point in trying. I just have to make sure and keep praying that everything goes perfectly and I can stay home and avoid a hospital in general.

One of the girls in our class had an appointment today. She's 39 weeks and everything is going well for her. Today she had to have an appointment with a different midwife, who is just such a butt!! Before this poor girl had even walked into the room, this midwife informed her: "We're inducing you today." This gal responded, "Excuse me? No you aren't. I'm not even overdue yet." This launched them into a big huge argument, where basically the midwife told her: "Let me check you and see where you are at (something this girl reallllly didn't want) or else I'm labeling you as "high risk" and you will be going across the hall to be getting induced." Poor girl!!!!! And what an awful midwife!! Long story short, this midwife was really not nice and possibly induced labor anyways--against this girl's wishes. She's been having contractions all day since her appointment. All of us in our Bradley class were fuming mad. I've refused to see this particular midwife, but I'm almost tempted to see her for my next appointment just so I can put her in her place and remind her: "Excuse me, but I'm paying you. That means you work for me!" Who does that midwife think she is? To just command this girl to be induced? Um, no. Last I checked it doesn't work like that. Doctors and most midwives (with the exception of Shawna and all home birth midwives) have this ridiculous "God complex" where they truly think they're the sun and we all revolve around them. I hate it, it drives me nuts. If it weren't for Shawna (and now Dawn) I'd have absolutely NO prenatal care during this pregnancy. You can't pay me enough to go to one of those midwives or doctors and get treated the way they treat their patients. Grrr!!

My blood is still boiling for that girl!!!

Anyways, back to what we learned...we also learned a few more relaxation techniques and ways to massage women while they're in labor. Our "homework" for this week is to practice these techniques and massages. This makes me very happy...because I always love a good massage. :) And now, by Debbra's orders...Jeff has to massage me!!! Woot Woot!! (Poor guy, he's always giving me hand/foot/back massages!! I love them too much!!)

Anyways, I think that was about it for tonight. We mainly spent the 2 hours just fuming for that poor girl. I hope she doesn't go into labor tonight, (we're all praying she doesn't,) as Shawna (her midwife) is on vacation and she really wants to wait til she gets back before her baby is born. I don't blame her!!! If I was her and I did go into labor tonight, I'd hope I got that same awful midwife...and during the delivery I'd give her a good kick in the face. "Ooops, that was an accident. I'm sorry...reflexes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment