.
.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cradle Quilts

As Jeff has been working on building us a little cradle, I've been looking around online for cradle bedding. After hours of looking online at a bajillion and one different bedding sets, I've finally decided that I think I'm just going to make my own cradle bedding. I want my cradle bedding to somewhat match my own bedding, but also be neutral colors--which is very hard to find these days, as most everyone finds out what they're having.

I knew I wanted the blanket to be a quilt, and I wanted it to look somewhat vintagy. But, as I've never made a quilt before, I really didn't know what else I wanted beyond that. Today I spent pretty much all day online looking at quilting patterns and getting some ideas. I found a few pictures and ideas that I liked.

(Obviously I'm not referring to the colors of the quilts, but rather the pattern of the quilts...)

I'll post a picture of the finished product, once I pick a pattern and make it. :)







I got several great ideas off off Other Silly Things, Crazy Mom Quilts, Moda Bake Shop, and the rest of the pictures came from good old Google. Visit these blogs to see some more gorgeous quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment