.
.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Piano decorating ideas

I've been trying to figure out lately how to decorate the top of my piano. It's been very empty and undecorated for a while now, and I'm ready to put the blank space to use.


Unfortunately I'm not a very creative person when it comes to decorating. My mom didn't pass her decorating talent down to me. :-( Hopefully she at least shared some of her talent with my sisters. ;-) Thus, because I have no decorative talents, I'm forced to look at blogs online for ideas.


I had an image in my head when I started looking around for what I kind of wanted. And after seeing a few pictures, I realized my idea is very doable.


I got all my ideas (and these pictures) from Aurajoon.

I'll "narrate" my thoughts behind each picture.

I'm thinking of layering some different pictures (as shown here) as a "backdrop" decor.

I want to do lots different flower arrangements.


I'd also like to make one of these cute flag banners to hang somehow above the piano.

I blogged about this idea a few days ago.


I also like the idea of using old medicine bottles as vases.

I love how she tied all her medicine jars together with a ribbon.


Aura Joon is incredibly gifted when it comes to decorating. Her blog is full of colorful and beautiful photos of her house. If I had just an ounce of her talent, my house would be so cute!
I'm going to start plugging away little by little with decorating the piano top. I'll post a picture when it's complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment