.
.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Today in a nutshell

This morning Jeff and I got up bright and early (okay okay...we got up at 9:30) and started getting ready for church. Today was the monthly potluck, so we also had to to make something to bring. We brought potatoes. :-)

The pot luck was fun, there was a lot of different foods this month. I love going to potlucks, it's fun and neat to see what every one's favorite dishes are. I wish people also brought recipe cards, however.

My mom and I had to leave early from the potluck, because we had a bridal shower to go this afternoon. While we were at the bridal shower, Jeff's dad picked him up for some one-on-one father-son bonding time.

The bridal shower was lovely. It was a tea party bridal shower, so everyone brought their favorite tea cups and sipped tea and ate delicious little foods. (I didn't have any tea, as the room was already very warm, but I was very tempted to try the chocolate flavored tea. I will have to buy some sometime soon, because I'm itching to know what it tastes like.)

I got to hold my friends' little 3 month old baby boy. He was super cute and tiny. After seeing him, I'm more excited about the possibility of having a boy. For some reason, I didn't think baby boys could be cute, but baby Jonas proved me wrong. Maybe having a boy wouldn't be so bad after all. ;-)

We played that toilet paper game, where you dress someone up in toilet paper to look like she's wearing a wedding dress. I think our dress was the best, but we didn't win. I think there was some favoritism going on with the judging....

After going to this bridal shower, I'm very excited to help plan my besties bridal shower. I've never planned a shower before though, so I'm nervous and I hope everyone else who will be helping plan it has some good ideas...as I have none.

On a random side note: one of the ladies at this shower, randomly came up to me today (I don't even know this gal!!) and said, "You're having a boy," and walked off. Hmmmm....everyone thinks I'm having a boy! I'm going to be stunned if pops being a girl!!!

After the bridal shower, my mom and I went to Joanne's. I grabbed a basket, as I knew I was going to be getting several bolts of fabric and didn't want to carry them all. My mom was eager to get home to her family, so she was rather bored and impatient as I paced the flannel fabric isle over and over and over again looking at all my options. I finally settled on 8 different patterns and went to stand in line at the cut counter, where I waited forrreeevverr for my turn. I'm never going back to Joanne's on a Sunday (when they're running a sale) again. :-(

I finally got my fabric cut and home again home again (jiggity jig...) we went.

I went back to my parents house, where Jeff was working diligently on the baby cradle. (I need to post pictures of that soon). I immediately sat down at my mom's sewing machine and started working on my burp cloths.

After a few hours of hanging out at their house, Jeff and I headed home. I wanted to finish the burp cloths tonight, so while I finished up my sewing projects, Jeff sat at the computer watching "Shark Week" on netflix.

I made 16 burp cloths today:

(I only made 4 different patterns, they're double sided.)

After I finished, I stacked all my burpies up and noticed something: the majority of my patterns are boy patterns!

This was a disappointing notion for me, as I was excited to think that I was done making burp cloths. But now, realizing I only have boy patterns (4 girl burpies to be exact.) I'm going to have to go back to Joanne's and buy some girl material to make some girl burp cloths. I'm sure I'm having a boy, but I need to be prepared just in case it's a girl. :)

And now, as our evening draws near it's end, I'm here pecking away at the keyboard, while Jeff is snoring away on the futon. Poor guy. He's so tired. I'm gonna finish up my blogging, and get him tucked away in bed.

I'm hoping the weather is nice tomorrow. I've got a bad case of spring fever and am just itching like no other to go outside and soak in some warm sunrays!

Rain rain...go away....

No comments:

Post a Comment