.
.

Monday, June 25, 2012

so tired... but had a productive day!

Soooo tired today. Seriously, this is ridiculous! I took a nap and a half and still had no gusto to get anything done. Still, I feel like I had a somewhat productive day.

I only had a few to-do's that I wanted acomplished today. One was switching the 45 gallon fish tank over to the 20 gallon tank, the other was doing some laundry and finally mopping the kitchen floor. I got the floor mopped, I did wash some laundry and we half way got the tank swapped. (meaning, the 20 gallon is set up and ready, we just haven't moved the fish or the 45 gallon tank outside yet. We had to run the filter on the 20 gallon tank for a few hours to clear the water first.)

Both Jeff and I were feeling really sad getting rid of our 45 gallon tank. We remenised all afternoon. We got our 45g tank just a few months after we first got married. We were soooo excited to start "tanking" and we would spend hours (literally hours) just sitting in front of the tank in the livingroom, watching the fish swim while hanging out and talking. Our date nights consisted of going to the fish store to buy new fish and all our extra money went towards buying plants off of ebay. The tanking craze wore off a little bit when we had to relocate the tank to the gameroom to make room for my piano, but still, we'd find ourselves sitting on the futon in the gameroom late at night watchign the fish swim. For the first 4 months of Bodey's life (when he was colicy) we would sit in the game room everynight for hours, letting Bodey sit in his washpod and we'd stare exhaustedly at the tank.

Ahhh, such sweet memories. ♥

But life has changed now. Instead of having an empty game room to keep a giant tank in, its time to turn our game room into a kids room. That coupled with the fact that Bodey can now pull himself up on the tank, push on it/pull on it and loves to climb on the shelf under it (rocking...tipping...creaking noises = UNSAFE!) it was time to get rid of the big tank. (Sniff sniff) We moved the 20 gallon to our bedroom for now, since we have no dresser in the game room. But I'm currently looking for one, and can't wait to find one, so I can move the tank back into the gameroom (aka soon to be the kiddos room).  But for the meantime, both Jeff and I are excited to have a tank in our room. It'll be peaceful to fall asleep watching the fishies swim. And I think Bodey likes the idea too. ;-) He kept crawling into the bedroom today to sit and stare at it, and earlier during naptime, he kept trying to crawl to the end of the bed, where he would lay on his belly and look up at the tank. So cute!

After the whole fishtank ordeal and a good bleach bath--nothing is more disgusting than touching nasty fish poo water! I laid down with Bodey and took another nap. Kind of...this was my "half nap." It was more of a rest I guess.

Then I got up and did some laundry. Tomorrow I will be folding. All. day. long. Ugh.

I also got my livingroom mopped! This is a huge deal for me! Woot woot. :)

Bodey was grumpy today. I'm not sure what his problem was, but oiy. Cranky little dude.

We stayed home tonight, instead of going to my parents. Which means, I'm starving right now. But it also means that Bodey had a nice early bedtime, and it looks like I will be too. I'm finishing up making some chocolate chip cookies. And I'm going to try (again) to find me something to eat. Then I'm going to bed! I'm so tired!

Hoping that tomorrow I have more energy! There's still so much left on my to-do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment