.
.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Blueberry picking, Babies R Us, newborn prep, grocery shopping



Went blueberry picking today! Its official: Bodey loves blueberries. We made sure to write our name on the board. It was sad, we couldn't include Shelbie. :(

Speaking of Shelbie. She's doing well. Too well. We got some texts from her today, basically in a nutshell this is what she said: "I love it here! I love the kids! I love the people! I love the land! I'm never coming home." Grrrrr.

I SAID STOP SENDING PRAYERS OF COMFORT HER WAYYYY!!!!!!!! We want to see some tears again!

This afternoon Jeff and I ran some errands. We went to Babies R Us. I got some girly receiving blankets. (If its not a girl, well we'll be ready whenever we do have a girl!!!) So now tonight I need to pull out a few specific boy blankets as well to wash up and put in bags to be ready for whenever this little one decides to come into the world.

I also got the newborn carseat base. It was soo annoying with Bodey switching the base back and forth between cars, so I'm excited to have gotten that. Sometime this week we need to go out to Turlock to pick up a crib from a friend. Then really, the only last thing we NEED is a bookshelf to store diapers/blankets/ect on. Now that we'll have two babies we definitely need more storage space!

I'm sorting through all my newborn diapers. Trying to decide which I'm keeping, which I'm selling and which I'm trading out. I need to perfect my perfect newborn stash then get them all washed up and stored away.

I can't believe we are down to so little time! I'm due the day before Shelbie comes home. And at this point, I'm irritated enough with her, I'm gonna try to have this baby before she gets home. :-p That's what she gets for going off and breaking our hearts like this.

Sour much? Yessss.

Anyways, we went grocery shopping this afternoon. We got a delicious looking watermelon and for the 1st time ever, I guessed correctly how much it would cost. Did you know when you weigh fruit or veggies you have to watch to see how many times the dial goes around on the scale?? Yea, I didn't know that. So I've always been so frustrated that my speculated .60 cent watermelons actually end up costing $5+. Well today I figured that out. Its not TWO pounds...its TWELVE! Duh right?? :-/

We also got some Lucky Charms type cereal, but get this: Its high fructose and color FREE!!! Yes! Thats right! No corn syrup, no food colors, no GMO's!  And, the best part: its yummy!!!! .

We're winding down our evening. We have a tired baby who's ready for bed. And his parents want to just chill and relax. :)

2 comments:

  1. That blueberry farm is down the street from our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sister, sister, sister.....you sound...a little bitter..perhaps? ;) Come on sis! No resenting what God is doing! LOL. Here's my advise,take it or leave it....stop being resentful and bitter, and rejoice in the thought that your little sister is being faithful to God and obedient to His call! ;)
    I love you sis, and I'll be home before you know it!!
    "There are no good byes in Christ. Only farewells." (We did not say good bye, we said, 'farewell'. Farewells are part time partings, but good byes are forever. :)

    ReplyDelete