.
.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot, hot, hot, midwife appt, swimming, poop eaters, guacamole


^^^^^ Bathtub party!! I promise, they were having fun! ^^^^^

Today was so hot. So very hot. Ick.

Jeff and I got up early this morning to go to an appointment with our midwife. After my next appointment she will start coming to our house. She says at that appointment (in 4 weeks...my 36 week appointment) I need to have all my birthing kit stuff assembled. I can't believe we are already this close! It seems like just yesterday I was shopping for Bodey's birth kit!

After the appointment we went to my parents. Our house is way too hot to stay home during the day. :( My mom, Shaylah and I talked about sunbathing and swimming all day. But we never actually went outside. Instead we stayed inside drinking sweet tea. Jeff went swimming for a while though and I was jealous at how refreshed he looked.
My low of the day was leaving both Bodey and Shiro in one of my brother's care (won't name any names.....) for five minutes. When I walked back in, I saw them each eating something. I started yelling, "What are they eating?!" Said brother was so absorbed in what he was doing and didn't turn to look, so by the time I got over there, their treasures were already in their mouths. Guess what it was? Dog poop. Uh-huh. My baby brother and son are poop eaters. I almost puked. Needless to say, they both got their mouths washed out with soap. I would have used bleach, but that was voted down. Disgusting. I'm never kissing their little poop mouths again. Eeew.

Tonight I came home early to do some house stuff. Amanda came over to keep me company, which was fun! I changed my bed sheets, did the dishes, washed some diapers, folded some diapers, got my newborn diaper stash together and packed up and a few other odds and ends. I feel accomplished.

I am starving tonight. I didn't eat dinner (because I'm too picky and don't like meat on the bone!) Guess I didn't realize I don't have much at my house that doesn't require stove or oven cooking. And I'm not nearly that desperate in this hot house. Instead I mashed up 5 avocados and made guacamole and ate a bag of chips. (okay, not really a whole bag) I'm gonna go chase my guac down with a bowl of cereal, go take a cold bath and then head to bed to enjoy my nice clean sheets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment