.
.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Name changes & God’s little gifts

Yesterday was a sad day. I finally, after 2+ years, drug my lazy rear down to the social security office and traded my last name in for my new Bauman last name. Can you believe that? I’ve been married for 27 months and just yesterday made my name change legal?

Its so annoying when you put something off for 2 years and ends up only taking 20 minutes. :-/

I also finally got Bodey’s card! Yay! Our little tax deductable ♥

Lately I’ve been really trying to pay attention to the little blessings from God in life. Things that normally I’d miss. Yesterday I saw so many little gifts from God.

The main one was our whole trip to the SS office. My mom brought me down there, and the whole way down we dreaded it, just knowing it was going to take forever. But God is good.

When we got there, I ran in to grab a number while my mom started unloading the boys. By the time I got back to the car to help her unload and we made it back inside (just a few minutes had passed) my number was already being called. The whole thing only took 30 minutes, compared to the horror stories we’ve heard of people waiting hours and hours to be called.

What a blessing! Take time this week to really notice the little things God does for you…that front row parking spot, that shirt on the clearance rack that fits you perfectly, or your mom making your favorite meal tonight!

1 comment: