.
.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Today

Today we went to the ocean. It was such a gorgeous day--perfect weather for lounging on the beach. Well, actually, it was rather hot!!! My mom and I sat like two beached whales on the sand all day napping in the sun. And now, at the end of the day, we are both rather red. And yes, we did use sunscreen. That stupid spray on kind...so now we're nice and spotted!

We left town today around 10:30. The drive was going very well, it was nice and quiet...until Shylie threw up. Again. I knew immediately it was coming when she started covering her mouth and coughing. She barfed up bananas and something else. Why did they feed her breakfast before a car ride??! So for the rest of the day, we all had to endure a puke filled smelling car. Thank heavens no one else got the barfies. One person is enough.

This was probably our last family trip where we all drive in the same vehicle. Unless of course my dad runs out this week and buys a 15 passanger van...hint hint. ;-) So while thinking about this thought makes me rather sad, it is also is a bit relieving...No more dealing with puke clean up!!!

We always make a potty stop at Casa De Fruita, where we also take a toonnn of pictures. (I took several pictures with Jeff's dinky camera, but they didn't turn out very well. I'll hopefully later this week post the pictures taken with the Canon --they turned out beautifully.)

Once our pictures were taken, we were back on the road!

We made it to the ocean around 1:00ish. It was SO hot!!! I immediately regretted wearing jean capris. My mom wore a nice flowy skirt with a white top. She looked so cool and breezy, I was jealous all day as I was smoldering in my dark colored shirt and jean capris. As we lay in the sun frying all day we decided next time we are bringing a source of shade.

My crazy siblings, husband and dad body surfed in the freezing cold waves all day. I was really proud of Jeff--who has never really gone in the ocean beyond his ankles. Today he had a bit of crazyiness in him and he actually went all the way in. He spent nearly all day body surfing and loved it. It was a whole new ocean experience for him!!!

Shylie girl sat in the sand all day getting dirty. (Once I get the Canon, I'll post pictures of her sandy little face!) She was covered in it!!! The other little girlies danced around in the waves a bit, but also played in the sand a lot.

Overall, I believe a fun time was had by all. We left the water at 6:00.

Once we got on the road we started our hunt for food. It was an hour long hunt, which ended at Taco Bell and Starbucks. For some reason today, I was craving a Java Chip coffee alllll day long. I was beyond excited when we finally made it to Starbucks and I was holding my beloved coffee in my hands. It was every bit as tasty as I was hoping it would be. :)

We got home at 9:30.

Jeff and I left my parents house pretty quickly to head home. I've been very eager all day to get home and see what goodies Mr. Mailman left for me in my mail box. I was not to be disapointed. :) I got several more diapers in the mail and am excited to go to the post office tomorrow to pick up a missed package. I'm hoping it's my minky diaper order...that'll just make my day if it is!!!

After ripping into my mail packages, I decided to finally wash up all my baby wipes and burp cloths. That was a very exciting thing for me to do!!! I'll post a picture tomorrow of them all folded up and stored away where I'm planning on keeping them. :)

Then I headed off to take a bath. I love hot baths...but not when I'm sunburnt. Ouuuch.

Now i'm sitting here blogging. But I am off...I am tired and ready for bed!!! It's amazing how the sun can drain you so badly!

Here are some pictures from our day: (I didn't even bother taking picts at the ocean. Jeff's camera doesn't do it justice. I'll post good pictures later this week.)
My mom took several really good pictures of Jeff and I.

This is NOT one of them!!!

(Look how HUGE my face is! eeeek!)

Here's a sneak peek at Shylie's sandy little body


There was debris all over the beach from the big storm they just had


Taking her "wall photos"


Everyone standing in line to get their picture taken


Is it possible to get any cuter than this?


See the wet spot on her shirt? That's barf.


Fixing the little girly's hair before their pictures


Daddy, arguing with the "girlfriend" ...aka the GPS


Post pukies


I have no idea what they are all staring at... but it looks funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment