.
.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why I love fall

Written by: Shyloh Bauman                                        October 4, 2011

My mom finally gave me a blogging topic. I feel like I’m back in 3rd grade, writing in my journal about banana peels. (Remember those writing topics? “Write a story about a talking banana peel.” Reallly?? Is that the best you can come up with??)

Anyways, my topic is “Why I love fall.” I even made the title of my subject the blog title post, and completed my writing sample with my name and the date. Aren’t I a good girl?

Anyways, here we go…

Once upon a time there was a girl. Her name was Shyloh. Shyloh loved fall. Well, she loved all seasons but for some reason she got most excited about fall.

One afternoon her mama asked her, “Shyloh, why do you like fall so much?” Shyloh didn’t know, so her mama said, “For school today, I want you to write a blog post on why you like fall so much.”

So Shyloh started thinking…and she realized that she loved fall because…

Ok, enough of that 3rd grade yuckyness!

So, for reals now.

I do seriously love fall. I love all seasons and get goofy every time the seasons start to change. But for some reason, fall turns me batty.

I love pretty much everything about it…the smell in the air. I mean, what’s up with that? October rolls around and suddenly the air smells good?! Not to mention how the air feels. It feels crisp…and clean. (I’m sounding like a nerd here…)

I realized this morning that its October…which means…pumpkin time!!! I’m beyond excited to go pick out a few pumpkins and cute scarecrows to decorate my front yard with. And maybe I’ll even buy something cute to adorn the top of my piano also.

I love the gloomy feeling that settles. The fog. All that which our working men hate. ;-) There is nothing better than waking up in the morning and looking outside to see fog, frost and gloom. Don’t get me wrong, I love sunshine like no other! But for just a few months out of the year, the dark gloomyness is awesome fun.

I think one of the reasons I love fall so much is because I’m such a beach bum. And come October when the weather starts changing—the air, coolness, gloomyness, ect, it all reminds me of the Ocean. And it makes me happy. :)

Speaking of gloomyness…what’s more awesome than snuggling in a blanket on a dark chilly afternoon while sipping something hot and watching a chick flick? That’s right…nothing.

Then there is the weather. The brisk chilliness. Call me crazy, but I love (with a capital L) sleeping with our windows open on fall nights. There’s nothing better than snuggling under warm and heavy blankets while feeling the cold air around you.

Then, in the morning, when you wake up, its so wonderfully cold that you don’t want to get up. Instead, you just lay there, snuggled under the blanket for a few minutes. Before getting brave, jumping out of bed, shoving your feet into slippers and ripping a hoodie over your head, all while stumbling to the kitchen to start a pot of water for some hot tea. Aaaaah….fall.

And I love jeans and hoodies. Paired with a pair of bright yellow rain boots. :) Fall = bring on the jeans and hoodies.

Speaking of tea…along with the weather, smells, air, gloomyness, ect…food. :)

Yes food. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin bars. Pumpkin cream cheese muffins. (Can you tell I like pumpkin? Except pumpkin pie…yuck…)Homemade caramels. Carmel apples. Turtles.

And then the drinks. Pumkin lattes. Peppermint lattes. Hot chocolate. Hot tea. Apple cider. Mmmmm!

Also along with fall comes fires!! Indoor fires and bonfires! The smokey smell…the warmth…the atmosphere.

Another reason why fall is so awesome is because of me. Yep, that’s right. My birthday makes fall so much better than it’d be if I was born in, say…spring. You can all thank me for making fall that much better.

And finally…October marks the beginning of the Holiday season! This month we begin preparing for the whirlwind of holidays that are sneaking up on us.

So, that is why I love fall. Wonderful glorious fall. :)

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment