.
.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Proud mom moment

certificate

Yes. It happened. I’ve been dreading this day.

 

The other day a friend texted me. Her daughter is just a few weeks younger than Bodey.

Her: do you ever wake up in the middle of the night scared that you lost your baby and you have to look around through the blankets to find him?

Me: ….noooo.

Her: do you ever wake up freaked out thinking he’s at the end of the bed getting ready to fall off?

Me: (snicker) …no.

I giggled to myself all day over this question. And made fun of her in my head. Why? Because I’m just that type of person.

Well guess what? God has a sense of humor, and I am now put back in my place and won’t be snickering or making fun of people for having this fear ever again. If she would text me to ask this question again, my answer would be much different.

Our conversation would go like this:

Her: do you ever wake up freaking out thinking Bodey is at the end of the bed getting ready to fall off?

Me: YESSSSS!!! *thumping noise in the background…*

 

*Sigh*

 

So like I said a moment ago, this conversation took place the other day. Well guess what? The next morning we’re asleep in bed. Like every other morning, Bodey wakes up and lays there cooing to himself and entertaining himself with his toes, while his bad mama lays next to him snoozing happily.

I had woken up briefly, long enough to know he was awake and then fall right back to sleep. This is our normal morning ritual…or I should say “was.” Usually he’d lay there keeping himself content while I slept a little longer. Not this morning. This morning he decided to roll around.

A lot.

He always sleeps on the inside of the bed next to me. (Our bed is against a wall, so there’s no way possible for him to roll off.) Unless of course, he one morning randomly decides to roll from lying next to me at the head of the bed, all the way to the end of the bed and then right off the edge of the bed.

I woke up to the sound of a “thunk.” I’m not sure if the noise was his head or my mama’s heart.

No matter where the noise came from, my baby had rolled off the edge AND IT WAS ALL MY FAULT!!!!!!!! *sniff* *sniff*

Thankfully my little guy is such a sweetie pie and forgave me instantly. He barely cried, which made me feel a tiny bit better. And he didn’t develop a bump nor bruise on his little head.

None the less, I feel terrible.

So, there are two morals to this story: A) don’t make fun of other people for genuine baby-falling-out-of-bed-nighttime fears and B) No more sleeping in while your child lays next to you entertaining themselves.

For the record: Bodey woke up this morning at 8am…and so did his mama.

 Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment