.
.

Friday, December 2, 2011

A week of gratitude

After dinner on Thanksgiving, my mom handed everyone around the table a little paper book. She explained that there are 7 pages in the book and she challenged us to every day for a week find 7 things to be thankful for. It was a challenge to find the little silly things that people don’t usually see to be thankful for (for example…q-tips, but really, what would we do without them??) but it was also a lot of fun. It opened my eyes to all the many small and large blessings God daily drops in our path. I enjoyed it so much, I’m starting a new little gratitude book today to do for this next new week.

I encourage you all to try it for yourselves. You’d be surprised at what you find to be thankful for. :-)

Attitude of Gratitude week 1…

  • Turkey dinner left overs
  • Bodey’s boyish noises
  • Christmas decorations
  • Q-tips
  • New books
  • Baby sleeper pj’s
  • Black Friday shopping with my mom and Shelbie
  • fluffy towels
  • working washing machines
  • warm soup on dreary days
  • dark rainy afternoons
  • bath time with Bodey
  • Vitamin C
  • fresh baked cookies
  • Free stuff
  • Movie nights with Jeff
  • Big sandwiches
  • Christmas lights
  • Drives with Jeff
  • being healthy
  • Bodey
  • Fluffy pillows
  • Internet deals
  • Tacos
  • Clean laundry
  • Christmas trees
  • teeth
  • Cloth diapers
  • Vinegar for cleaning
  • pacifiers a.k.a. mute buttons
  • sparkly skirts
  • bubble wrap
  • rainy weather
  • having a positive PayPal balance
  • simplifying
  • Shopping with my mom
  • Panda express lunch with my mom
  • Cute baby hats
  • read through the bible challenges
  • FB friends
  • Pizza Parties
  • quiet evenings at home with Jeff
  • Pretty baby wraps
  • Christmas wrapping paper
  • Christmas music
  • Hot soup
  • Daddy’s cheesecake
  • Babywearing Daddys
  • The way Bodey nuzzles my back when I wear him

No comments:

Post a Comment