.
.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Such a boy--my little tree hugger

Bodey is already such a little boy. He loves being outside ("Loves" with a capital "L.") Its so cute to see him enjoy the outdoors at such a young age.

For the past few week I've been trying to sit outside with him for a little while every afternoon. I want to raise Bodey (being a boy, it won't be hard...) to love being outside. I want him to prefer being outside over doing anything inside. But not only do I want him to like being outside, I want to teach him to appreciate nature and to care and protect it.

Yes, I want to raise Bodey to be a little tree hugger. ;-)

This is the world that Jesus gave us, and I really feel strongly that it is our duty to take care of and protect what He has given us. Its our jobs to raise our children to also feel the same way, that way they can try to preserve what is being damaged for our future children, grandchildren, great-grand children...

Today we spent a while soaking in some afternoon sun with his Mimi while watching his aunties run around. And later this evening we enjoyed the evening breeze together with his Daddy. Its fun bonding time; sitting outside under the big tree swinging in the hammock chair, and soaking in some much needed vitamin d...very relaxing too. :)

On a random side note: Its a Thursday and we had no plans today...notice that he's actually wearing real clothes!! Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment